Double Coated Polyethylene Foam Tape – 1/16″ Acrylic
A closed cell crosslinked polyethylene foam tape coated on both sides with high-performance solvent-based acrylic adhesive or synthetic rubber based adhesive. Excellent quick-stick sealing with high shear properties for efficient operation and secure bonding. Good resistance to humidity, mild acids, oil and grease. Excellent conformability and compressibility. Adheres well to textured and irregular surfaces. Can be easily die-cut. 3” neutral core/cartons. Available in white or black.
Used for mounting nameplates, signs, small die cast parts, mirrors, maps, etc. Used for sound and vibration dampening in business machines, industrial equipment, electronic component packaging and glass panel mounts, seals, gaskets, etc. In general, the acrylic adhesive system is recommended for outdoor applications due to its higher temperature, UV, weather, chemical and plasticizer resistance. The rubber adhesive system is recommended for high shear demands as its quick grab nature is ideal for immediate load applications (mirrors)
- Foam – Cross-linked irradiated cellular polyethylene
- Density – 3 lbs per cubic foot
- Thickness – 1/16” (62 mils) 1.5mm
- Color – White or black
- Tack, Adhesion (15 min dwell) – 60 oz/in., 80 oz/in. (acrylic), 80 oz/in., 100 oz/in. (rubber)
- Shear Adhesion @ 1kg psi – 100+ hours (acrylic), 200+ hours (rubber)
- Release liner – 3.5 mil. 60# Kraft
Alternative to Venture #617 & #716; Scapa #SA416V & #SR516V; Int’l Tape #316, #116, #116B & #416; IPG # 8116; Press-on P-3200R/A; 3M #4446 & #4496.