Lead Foil Tape 5 Mil thick, 100% pure lead foil coated with a rubber adhesive system.
This tape exhibits excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, especially to metal, glass, films, foils, and papers. The lead base is highly malleable for easy masking of the most intricate patterns. The tape is wound up on the poly-coated paper liner. Liner allows the tape to be die cut into shapes.
- Primarily used for protective masking during all types of electroplating.
- Used as an electromagnetic & radio frequency shield.
- Tape is applied to golf club heads to provide extra weight.
- Backing 5 Mil Lead Foil (100%)
- Adhesive Rubber |
- Tape Thickness 6 mil without liner
- Peel Strength >60 oz/inch
- Breaking Strength 18 lb./inch
- Elongation 15%
- Shelf Life 1 year when stored under conditions of 70oF and 50% R.H.
Alternative to: 3M #420 (with liner) & #421 (without liner), Venture #1453, Lamart 245L-R
Note: The physical properties listed above are typical test results obtained from a series of laboratory tests and should not be used for the purpose of writing specifications. Before using this product, user shall determine the suitability of the product for his/her use; and user assumes all risks and liabilities in connection therewith. All test procedures used are in accordance with ASTM and PSTC methods.